Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Traitors Gate By:Avi

This book was great! I am lacking in the scope of my mystery book knowledge (besides Nancy Drew. *Blush* That was a while ago!) so this was a book that I hoped I would enjoy. I wanted to give this book five stars but then I realized that I didn't like it as much as my other five star books such as Hunger Games and Lord of the Rings. There were two points in the book where I started slipping down the dangerous slope of Losing Interest, but right then when the reading was getting slow, up popped a change in the story, another suspect added, a twist in the plot. I was also able to appreciate this story because of all the references to Dickens and his David Copperfield! This story was really cool! I can't wait to read my next books by Avi:Midnight Magic and Murder at Midnight!

Psst! Blog viewers over here... I also want to set up a system for when I review books instead of just saying random stuff about the book I'm reviewing! (any suggestions) Sooo hopefully some development on that idea soon! And if your wondering, no, exam week isn't done yet and neither are my Exams but I just completed Traitors Gate and I just HAD to do a review! :) See you all soon!

P.S. GoodReads is AWESOME!!!!!

1 comment:

Sierra Abrams said...

I'm so glad you liked this one! I haven't read it but I'll have to! :D

Annnnnd.... Hmm. Maybe you could make a list of all the aspects of a book you like to talk about (plot, writing, characters, etc.) and then see what you come up with. There are so many ways you can set up a review! I've changed the layout of my reviews a few times, trying to find the perfect fit for my blog.

Anyways, darling, if you have any questions or want to share before it goes live, definitely email me! :D

Sierra @ Yearning to Read