Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Review-Percy Jackson and the Olympians-The Lightning Theif By: Rick Riordan


The Lightning Thief By: Rick Riordan




Summary-
I'm afraid that every summary I found online spoiled what happens in the story and I am awful at writing that sort of thing myself so if you want to know what happens I have a secret way to tell you..... *psst over here*    READ THE BOOK!!! :)

My Thoughts-
I have wanted to read this book ever since I read Riordan's other series (all but the last book) called the Kane Chronicles. I love mythology of any kind and the KC books are packed with Egyptian mythology, which I understood and enjoy since I have learned about Ancient Egypt twice in my schooling life. Because I loved the KC's so much and I loved Greek mythology too I was pretty sure I would love the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series! As far as the first book goes I have not been disappointed!


Character Notes-
Percy had been diagnosed with ADHD and Dyslexia. Those are two tough things to live with, as you can see by the fact that Percy has been kicked out of 6 schools! Percy's friend Grover is kind, submissive, and loyal. He is the only person who understands Percy and doesn't dismiss him as a dork or a lazy lame'o. Turn's out Grover is a satyr, (For Narnia fan's that is a fawn) and though Percy felt like he was the one protecting Grover turns out Grover is the one who is looking out for Percy! (Find out how by reading the BOOK!!!:))  Annabeth- Witty, Beautiful, Strong, has Percy as a friend, I mean how can you go wrong? Luke- Dashing, Scarred, Hint-(Masked)-Hint. Chiron- Awesome! (I mean come on he's a centaur!!) Wise, Powerful. And last but not least Percy's Mother- Strong in mind and body, faithful and patient.

Story Notes- 
Love the story!!! I started Lightning thief and really enjoyed it, I finished Lightning Thief and could not wait to get my hands on the next book!!!! The characters developed some but not as much as I would have wanted if this were a one book series but since I know that there are four books to go I know that Percy and his friends have plenty of time to change and mature. Overall loved it!

Summing It Up-
I loved the book and can't wait to read the rest of the series and watch the *movie!

*(I'm a sucker for Logan Lerman) :) *blush*

A review of The Sea of Monsters, The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, The Three Musketeers, Captain America, Thor and Murder at Midnight/Midnight Magic in the near future!



No comments: