Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Call of the Wild and White Fang

In my literature class we just read Call of the Wild and will be finishing White Fang very soon. It has been an interesting experience. The author of the two books is Jack London. He is a Naturalist and his views are strongly woven into his story-'Visions of cave men and men being considered gods.' It has been interesting thinking about the views showed in the stories and how they are different then what I believe-Christianity.
Now the actual stories have been very fun to read! There was just one problem that I had with these books... They didn't hold my interest. The first part just barely keeps you reading (I have to keep reading its my school! (-: )  then it would become interesting and stay so till the end. One other thing that I liked was that he (London) incorporated lots of facts on things like the Klondike Gold Rush and having a dog sled. Overall it is a fun book to read but I wouldn't buy it until you had got it from the library and made sure that you wanted to spend your hard earned dough on it! I would give it a 5-6/10

No comments: